The IT Support Specialist is an important role in the Chameleon Power IT Services Organization. The essential function of this position is to provide Level I/Level II support to the end-user community. The specialist role provides a central point of contact for technical assistance and support within the organization's standard computer systems, hardware, or software. The position responds to requests for assistance, isolates problems, and determines and provides solutions. This position will work with other Information Technology areas to escalate and resolve problems, if necessary.
- Assist with support of end users.
- Assist with equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Records, tracks and documents tickets generated for customers seeking help either via email or over the phone.
- SQL-Server database administration managing multiple mission-critical SQL Servers; experience with SQL-Server 2008 preferred.
- Completes requests for Password Resets, hosting and un-hosting of files, printer, hardware diagnostics and special desktop releases.
- Asks questions to determine nature of problem.
- Guides customer through problem-solving process.
- Refers help desk issues to proper department: monitors if service call was handled within published SLAs.
- Informs customers of progress on problems that cannot be resolved on first call.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Follow up with vendors to ensure equipment requests for customers have been fulfilled.
- Promotes effective use of technology.
- Understands help desk priorities and objectives and takes an active role in accomplishing these objectives.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software.
- Watches for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminates the problems before they happen.
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
- B.S. in technology, related field of study, or 2+ years equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Technically savvy and open to learning to meet new challenges
- Ability to assist the organization in basic to advanced technical support
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and self-prioritize workload to meet deadlines individually and in a team environment
- 1099/Contract available
- Flexible hours
- Salary or hourly
- Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Vacation and Personal Days
Chameleon Power is the industry leading provider of web and mobile visualization and design technologies. Chameleon Power enjoys many firsts including the first web-based visualization engine, the first user-side image upload technology for website visualizers, iPads and iPhones, and several others.
Chameleon Power offers career advancement and the opportunity to participate in a high-growth business with a positive, motivating and challenging environment. If being part of an exciting opportunity drives your interest, please send your resume to: